Ilitch Charities invests in our community's future by supporting innovative, collaborative and measurable programs in the areas of community development, human services, education and recreation. Ilitch Charities launched the hockey scholarship program in 2002 in support of the youth participants in the Little Caesars AAA hockey program and the Little Caesars Amateur Hockey League (LCAHL), that Little Caesars Pizza owners Mike and Marian Ilitch and their companies have been associated with for 32 years.
The Ilitch Charities Hockey Scholarship is awarded each spring to student athletes from the Little Caesars AAA hockey program and the Little Caesars Amateur Hockey League (LCAHL). This $2,500 scholarship, awarded to a maximum of ten (10) student athletes annually, is applicable towards college tuition at an accredited college or university.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Current Little Caesars AAA hockey program or Little Caesars Amateur Hockey League player in good standing.
2. Current high school senior graduating no later than June 2012.
3. Current minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
4. Applicant has demonstrated financial need (as determined though FAFSA filing).
5. Applicant has been accepted to and plans to enroll in an accredited college or university within two (2) years.
Application deadline is April 17, 2012.
Final selection will be made by the Board of Directors of Ilitch Charities and announced in June. All applicants will receive notification by mail. Recipients will be publicly announced with a press release, in Hockey Weekly, in Michigan Hockey and any other media source that Ilitch Charities deems appropriate. All selections are final. All applications and attachments become the property of Ilitch Charities.
Click here to download the Ilitch Charities Hockey Scholarship Application.